With finals coming up next week, I figured I would post some final exam study tips!
Personally I have a lot of trouble studying for finals, I get distracted and I have trouble staying motivated at the end of the semester. But it is so important to stick to finish the semester strong and here are the best tips I have found:
- Avoid Distractions. I cannot stress this enough. Turn your phone on "do not disturb" and disable text messages from your computer. Don't give yourself the temptation to sit on your phone instead of studying... trust me, a 5 minute instagram scroll can turn into 30 minutes of checking every form social media you have.
- If you're going to study with friends, make sure its with friends you can actually get stuff done with. If you spend the majority of the time you're supposed to be studying, talking and messing around, then you will be stressed out later when you actually have to study.
- Allow yourself breaks, go outside and take a walk (exercise puts you in a good mood, and clears your head), stretch, do whatever you need to, but be careful not to go overboard.
- Create study guides or notecards well in advance, you will be much less overwhelmed when you go to start studying. One thing that always helps me is Quizlet you make flashcards online (or you can sometimes find flashcards pre-made from your text book!) and its really helpful for memorizing!
- Take care of yourself, drink water, and make sure you allow yourself time to sleep, nothing is worth than being sick during finals.
- Start Studying two weeks before your final. Spend a little bit of time each day, studying each subject so that you don't find yourself cramming for each subject right before the exam.
- Have a study plan! Set goals and plan out how much studying you want to get done each day and you will feel less overwhelmed and stressed each day and you will feel accomplished as you get things done! I made this template, and I print it out and use it to plan out what I'm going to do each day.
Do you have any other tips that really help you study for finals?